CAROLYN KORTHALS ALTES SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 5 PM
A minimum of one Scholarship Award in the amount of at least €575 is made each year. The Scholarship will be awarded after the recipient provides proof of enrollment in a post-secondary educational program.
*Before applying, please read carefully the AWCA SCHOLARSHIP POLICY.
To be considered eligible for the AWCA Scholarship an Applicant, at the time of application and until the awarding of the Scholarship in June of the club year in which the application was made, must:
- Be an associate or regular AWCA Member resident in the The Netherlands commencing or pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree-based university level education; or be a dependent son or daughter, who has not reached the age of 24, of a regular AWCA Member resident in The Netherlands. At the time of application, the Applicant must be in his or her senior year of high school or equivalent home study program, or final year of an international baccalaureate or equivalent home study program in any country, or currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies at an accredited, recognized, secondary education institution in any country. Prior recipients of the Carolyn Korthals Altes Scholarship are not eligible.
- Have maintained a “B” average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) during his or her studies, if applicable. In the case of a student whose school uses a different system of grades, the student must provide a “converted average” or an affidavit from the school that the performance is at the intended level.
- Have completed a Carolyn Korthals Altes Scholarship Application
- Have included the following with Scholarship Application:
(a) An essay of not more than 500 words describing what the Applicant wants to study and why (educational and career aspirations).
(b) A current CV and / or transcript (if currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning) of grades, including the most up-to-date grades.
*If transcript is from a school that does not use a 4.0 scale, Applicant must provide a converted average, a conversion chart, or an affidavit from the school indicating that performance is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
(c) A letter of recommendation from someone other than a family Member who can speak about the Applicant personally as well as the Applicant’s potential as a leader.
- Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on April 1. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
CHECKLIST & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
Please make sure your application packet is complete and includes the following:
- Hard-copy of completed application form
- Essay, not more than 500 words;
- Current CV and/or transcript with most up-to-date grades. *If transcript is from a school that does not use a 4.0 scale, Applicant must provide a converted average, a conversion chart, or an affidavit from the school indicating that performance is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendation letter.
Hard-copy materials should be mailed to the following address:
1007 KC Amsterdam
As soon as we have all documentation, we will begin processing your application. We will send you additional information as soon as this process is complete.
SCHEDULE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS & MAKING AWARDS
- January: Applications available
- April 1: Application Deadline
- April - May: Scholarship Committee reviews applications and makes decision.
- May 15: Recipient will be notified by this date.
- June General Meeting: AWCA President will present the scholarship.
- September: AWCA Treasurer will disburse award.