Dutch White Pages
Dutch Yellow Pages (Gouden Gids)
http://www.goudengids.nl. You can also call the toll-free Gouden Gids line (0800 0345) to obtain business telephone numbers.
Obtain a free copy of the Yellow Pages in English (The Visitors Guide Amsterdam.)
This is an annual publication published by ITT Gouden Gids BV. Get your free copy at the VVV, or call 020 567 67 67.
Yellow Pages (English) http://www.markt.nl/dyp/index-en.html
Discount Long Distance Providers
For information on discount long distance services call:
|Global Access||(020) 662 99 57|
|Swift Global Netherlands||(071) 581 56 66|
|Technos||(020) 665 44 46|
|Telegroup||0800 16 33|
|Tele2 Nederland||0800 16 02|
|Unitalk||(020) 690 01 73|
Note: Many of these companies have rates less than NLG. 0.10 per minute to the United States.
General Phone Use Information
ALL calls made in Holland are billed. There is no such thing as free or unlimited calling in your area code.
- KPN offers free voice-mail. Ask at a Primafoon center for an information book in English.
- Numbers beginning with 0800 are toll free.
- You must pay a fee for 0900 (information), 0909 (amusement) and 0906 (sex, etc.) numbers.
- Mobile telephone and buzzer numbers begin with 06. The caller also pays extra to call these numbers.
- Always dial the International Dialing Code 00 first when dialing direct out of the country.
- Remember that your phone calls will be billed once every two months by KPN Telecom and that calls are not itemized. If you want an itemized bill, you must request and pay for that service.
- ISDN is fairly cheap in the Netherlands compared to the US. ISDN service gives you 4 distinct phone numbers for fax, computer, home, and teenager or business use.
For other telephone information, International or Domestic, consult the telephone book.